[Dwarf-Discuss] debug_names - what should go in ?

Michael Eager eager@eagerm.com
Tue Apr 10 16:29:09 GMT 2018

On 04/10/2018 08:33 AM, Pavel Labath via Dwarf-Discuss wrote:
> I believe it makes sense to include both of these things in the index
> (including the implicitly-named imported declarations), however I would
> also like to stick to the specification as much as possible. I know the
> spec gives implementors freedom to include extra information in the index,
> but I don't want to do that too much, as that would complicate matters for
> consumers which need to support multiple producers, some of which may have
> a stricter implementation of the spec.

This is a new feature in DWARF v5 with a newly written description.
It's possible that some details may have been overlooked or that
the wording in the description doesn't fully or unambiguously describe
the feature.

If you believe that the two TAGs should be included, do so and let
us know the results.

Please submit a comment at http://dwarfstd.org/Issues.php which
describes the situation and your proposed changes to the standard.

Michael Eager    eager at eagerm.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306