[Dwarf-Discuss] Line table "no-op" sequence, leb length

paul.robinson@sony.com paul.robinson
Mon Apr 30 15:36:27 GMT 2018

(That was Cary, not me, making the suggestion.)

> Ten bytes is the maximum sane leb length in libdwarf.
> Would that fit the 'reasonable maximum length' criterion?
>
> If not ten ...what is the reasonable maximum?
> Should the next version of DWARF specify  a maximum length?
>
> DavidA.

Anyone can propose anything.  Ten covers the maximum 64-bit value.
I could see a non-normative remark in the description of LEB128
being beneficial; not sure we'd want to make it a hard requirement.
--paulr