[Dwarf-Discuss] DWARF dumpers should note compressed sections

John DelSignore John.DelSignore@roguewave.com
Fri Aug 3 16:25:08 GMT 2018

Hi Paul,

TotalView recently got snagged on this with a GNU DebugFission style Split-DWARF .dwo file. A customer had things set up such that -gz=zlib was the default for their compiler, and it was producing compressed debug sections in the .dwo file, where the only hint that the section was compressed was that the SHF_COMPRESSED flag was set in the section header.  We had been handling that in executable and shared library files, but not the .dwo files.

Cheers, John D.