[Dwarf-Discuss] armcc DWARF

David Anderson davea42@linuxmail.org
Wed May 23 17:28:26 GMT 2018

On 05/23/2018 01:56 AM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> It's perfectly legal to have multiple sections with the same name in an
> ELF file.  All relevant inter section data is conveyed by the section's
> unique index.  Having identical names for sections is important for
> getting link ordering correct.  And also, for dwarf because the section
> names have specific meanings that are not otherwise conveyed by
> attribute data.

So, given two .debug_info and two .debug_line,? the only place I can
think of that links
the pieces together (ie right .debug_line from a .debug_info) as
intended would be? relocation information.
Similar for .debug_abbrev.
Is that the entire key here?

DavidA.

--
There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share.  -- Steve Ballmer