[Dwarf-Discuss] armcc DWARF

David Anderson davea42@linuxmail.org
Wed May 23 18:38:34 GMT 2018

On 05/23/2018 10:54 AM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
>> So, given two .debug_info and two .debug_line,? the only place I can
>> think of that links
>> the pieces together (ie right .debug_line from a .debug_info) as
>> intended would be? relocation information.
>> Similar for .debug_abbrev.
>> Is that the entire key here?
>>
>> DavidA.
>>
> I'm afraid I can't remember all the details; Keith might know more.  I
> think it's a combination of a number of things:
>
> - Use of section groups - keep all of a group or none of it
> - relocation information
> - section ordering rules: eg if I have two groups (A B) and (C D) and
> coalescing requires that A and C are placed in one output section and B
> and D in another, then the only permitted orders are (A C) (B D) or (B
> D) (A C) - ie (A C) (D B) is not a valid ordering.

Ok. Makes sense. Looking at the .rel* and .symtab data from the
test object? the pieces fit together.? It's a bit different approach
in its use of section groups than I had seen from gcc or clang.

Thanks, this is what I needed.
DavidA.

--
There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share.  -- Steve Ballmer