[Dwarf-Discuss] Callable interface for Fortran "coarray" features

David Anderson davea42@linuxmail.org
Mon Dec 28 23:09:55 GMT 2020

On 12/28/20 11:52 AM, Bishop, John E via Dwarf-Discuss wrote:
> Different implementations of these features may use very different
> methods (e.g. MPI, shmem, real shared memory, home-brew message passing,
> RPC,..).? This means that the structures representing coarray concepts
> like coarrays, teams, events and barriers will not be the same in
> different Fortran implementations.? This makes them hard to describe in
> DWARF, as the features aren?t generic.? In other words, even if we added
> DWARF primitive types for events and teams, the types would need to
> define per-producer access methods.

Not being familiar with all or any of these (except recognizing the
names)  I note that DWARF seems to be pretty good at defining structs.

So what about these structures makes them difficult to describe in
DWARF?  Let each producer define structures that work for them.
(Does that make any sense?)

David Anderson