[Dwarf-Discuss] More on DW_AT_str_offset_base debug_str_offsets.dwo confusion

David Anderson davea42@linuxmail.org
Tue Sep 1 18:00:01 GMT 2020

On 9/1/20 10:05 AM, David Blaikie wrote:

>     So the base addresses are in the skeleton and the actual section
>     (rnglists/loclists/str_offsets/str)
>     can go with Split Full (i.e, in a .dwo) if it has no addresses but
>     must
>     go with the skeleton if has addresses.
>

> Sorry, I missed a step/not sure I understand this ^ comment - could
> you rephrase/expound/clarify a bit?

I am assuming the compiler can *choose* whether to put rnglists into
.debug_rnglists or .debug_rnglists.dwo.
Or is there an implicit *requirement* that certain section content
(rnglists/loclists/str_offsets)
are forced into their .dwo section?

Your comments moments ago via? model 1) and model 2) address this issue
already.
I'm thinking about it.
DavidA