[Dwarf-Discuss] implicit_value vs stack_value

Cary Coutant ccoutant@gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 22:22:04 GMT 2021

This is from the minutes of a meeting in 2008...

     DW_OP_implicit_value is still needed in some circumstances so it will
     be kept as-is.  DW_OP_implicit_value could possibly be used to express
     something like a floating point number whereas it would be more
     complex to do the same thing with DW_OP_value.

(DW_OP_value was later renamed DW_OP_stack_value.)

-cary