[Dwarf-Discuss] clang -flto and LLVMgold.so

David Blaikie dblaikie@gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 19:43:34 GMT 2022

(might be easier to pick up from the thread where this came up or at least
CC/to the folks you're referring to (though perhaps you did and that got
stripped by the mailing list or something, not sure) - at least for me, I
have highlights for emails addressed to me that helps prioritizing/knowing
if there's a response expected from me & handy for context - I forget what
particular thing we were talking about regard to LTO & would have to go
search up the original thread for the context)

Yeah, I don't know too much about the LLVM release process, to be honest,
it surprises me that libLLVMgold.so is no longer part of the release.

But you should be able to use LTO with lld instead: -flto -fuse-ld=lld

Give that a go? Happy to help further.