[Dwarf-discuss] Ranges for DW_TAG_namespace

Greg Clayton clayborg@gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 01:22:05 GMT 2023

When searching for addresses we first see if the compile unit's DW_AT_ranges (or low/high pc) attribute contains the address we are looking for. Any CU that doesn't contain the address doesn't need to have its child DIEs parsed, just the top level DW_TAG_compile_unit DIE. Then we iterate over all the DIEs always descending into all of the children looking for DW_TAG_subprogram entries that contain the address we are looking for. So if we see a DW_TAG_namespace we just call recursively to parse its children.