[Dwarf-discuss] Expression opcode 0xD0

Vsevolod Alekseyev sevaa@sprynet.com
Sun Apr 7 17:20:49 GMT 2024

Hi all,

I've got a crash report that my DWARF expression parser crashed on the
following expression blob:

09 03 D0 39 8C

That looks like DW_OP_const1s with 3 as the argument, followed by a bogus
opcode D0. It's not a valid opcode and not in the user extension area.
Anyone ever encountered this?

I don't have a ton of context for the crash. I know the binary was an
AArch64 ELF, but that's about it. Don't know whether it was in a loclist or
in an attribute. There is a minor possibility that something that was not
meant to be an expression was being interpreted as one, but that's quite
unlikely; there aren't too many attributes with byte array typed values.