[Dwarf-discuss] [Enhancement] New language code - Ruby

Cary Coutant ccoutant@gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 07:30:32 GMT 2024

> I would like to request addition of a new language code for the Ruby[1] language.
>
> Based on the latest snapshot[2] (from December 5th, 2023) the required changes are as follows:
>
> [Section 3.1.1, p 65, Table 3.1. Language Names] - Add
>
> DW_LNAME_Ruby Ruby
>
> [Section 7.12, p 243, Table 7.17. Language Encodings] - Add
>
> DW_LNAME_Ruby 0x0026 0

Thanks for the submission! This is issue 231230.1:

https://dwarfstd.org/issues/231230.1.html

I've assigned language codes for both DWARF 5 and DWARF 6 as follows:

DW_LANG_Ruby 0x0040
DW_LNAME_Ruby 0x0026

For DW_LNAME_Ruby, I gave it the version scheme VVMM, which seems to
match the version numbering system used for Ruby releases; please let
me know if that's not the right scheme to use. The default lower bound
for array indexing is 0.

-cary