[Dwarf-discuss] Request: Support for D Language

John Demme me
Thu Apr 28 18:18:12 GMT 2005

I submitted a "public comment" a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen
anything about it in this list's archive, so I figured I'd send out the
request here.

The D language (http://www.digitalmars.com/d), by Walter Bright is a C
link compatible, multi-paradigm language that is steadily gaining
popularity all over the world (although there are no books on it in the
US, I believe there is a Japanese book on the language.)

Although the object files that the D compilers output are largely
compatible with C (in fact, one uses gcc to link them on Linux), there
are some notable differences.  In particular, D uses symbol mangling.
I've written a patch for GDB to demangle D symbols, however without a
DWARF language code, it's hard for GDB to know whether or not to
attempting demangling.

As such, I'd like to have DW_LANG_D added to the DWARF specs. Doesn't
matter what the value is.

Thank You
John Demme