[Dwarf-discuss] basic_block semantics

mathieu lacage Mathieu.Lacage
Wed Nov 9 13:01:11 GMT 2005

hi,

As usual, I made a fool of myself. After much thinking, I figured out I
had completely missed the basic idea behind the structure of the dwarf2
line information. i.e., the fact that it is row-based and that the
content of each column for each row is precisely defined.

And I will answer my own questions:

> 1) when DW_LNS_set_basic_block is executed, should I assume that the
> current value of the address register identifies the start of a basic
> block ? Or does the basic_block property applies upon the next change
> made to the address address ?

It applies whenever a row is created from the registers.

> 2) are the standard opcodes really supposed to have no effect on
> basic_block other than DW_LNS_set_basic_block and DW_LNS_copy ?

yes.

I suck,
Mathieu