[Dwarf-discuss] DWARF Issue 050808.2&body=Re: <ahref=http://dwarf.freestandards.org/ShowIssue.php

Michael Eager eager
Thu Feb 23 18:55:33 GMT 2006

Wu Zhou wrote:
> Hello, committee members
>
> Now that DWARF-3 had been published for a while, can I have the pleasure
> to re-open this deferred issue?
>
> I don't see any action I can do from the net.  So I am asking here.
>
> Regards
> - Wu Zhou

http://dwarf.freestandards.org/ShowIssue.php?issue=050808.2&type=closed

We will consider revisions to the DWARF standard starting mid-year.

The proposal is somewhat vague.  I'm personally unclear
why there is a need for an new TAG.  Saying Stabs does something
one way so DWARF should do the same is not persuasive.

Is there a reason why using DW_TAG_entry_point doesn't work?
Would an attribute work as well?

In general, proposals which have been implemented are preferred.

Michael Eager	 eager at eagercon.com