[Dwarf-discuss] dwarf information for mutiple statements at thesame line.

Daniel Jacobowitz drow
Thu Jul 13 18:39:18 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 11:36:45AM -0700, Cary Coutant wrote:
> I'll offer the simple but effective scheme we use on HP-UX. We
> extended the line table with two additional columns/registers:
> "routine" and "context". Each is initialized to 0, and remains
> unchanged when a new row is added to the table. We also maintain a
> list of inlined routine names, indexed starting at 1. When "context"
> is greater than 0, it indicates that the current row describes an
> inner context, and "routine" is the index of the inlined routine's
> name. The value of "context" refers to a preceding row in the line
> table (which is indexed starting at 1) that describes the outer
> context. This works to an arbitrary level of nesting.

I can see how this scheme would be useful for macros, but does it offer
anything that the combination of DW_TAG_inlined_subroutine,
DW_AT_call_file, et cetera don't for inlined functions?  Or is it just
a different model that accomplishes roughly the same thing?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery