[Dwarf-discuss] dwarf information for mutiple statements at thesame line.

Cary Coutant cary
Thu Jul 13 19:21:38 GMT 2006

> I can see how this scheme would be useful for macros, but does it
> offer
> anything that the combination of DW_TAG_inlined_subroutine,
> DW_AT_call_file, et cetera don't for inlined functions?  Or is it just
> a different model that accomplishes roughly the same thing?

Mostly the latter. We think it accomplishes it more easily and
effectively than using the DW_TAG_inlined_subroutine. To be
completely honest, we were DWARF-2 based when we cooked this up, so
DW_AT_call_file, etc., were not there at the time.

It's also advantageous for us because we generate line number tables
with just a minimal skeleton of DIEs for the purposes of profiling,
even when debug is turned off.

-cary