[Dwarf-discuss] dwarf information for mutiple statements at thesame line.

Daniel Jacobowitz drow
Thu Jul 13 19:39:37 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 12:21:38PM -0700, Cary Coutant wrote:
> Mostly the latter. We think it accomplishes it more easily and
> effectively than using the DW_TAG_inlined_subroutine. To be
> completely honest, we were DWARF-2 based when we cooked this up, so
> DW_AT_call_file, etc., were not there at the time.

Right, that's about what I expected from your description :-)

> It's also advantageous for us because we generate line number tables
> with just a minimal skeleton of DIEs for the purposes of profiling,
> even when debug is turned off.

Yes, I can see how this would be more convenient (although it's
probably not too hard to accomplish the same thing with DIEs, it's
definitely more trouble).

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery