[Dwarf-discuss] dwarf information for mutiple statements at thesame line.

Chris Quenelle Chris.Quenelle
Fri Jul 14 19:53:33 GMT 2006

> I can see how this scheme would be useful for macros, but does it offer
> anything that the combination of DW_TAG_inlined_subroutine,
> DW_AT_call_file, et cetera don't for inlined functions?  Or is it just
> a different model that accomplishes roughly the same thing?

Using DW_TAG_inlined_subroutine requires that you specify the
instruction range for the inlined routine using a location
list and DW_AT_ranges.  This is very inefficient compared the
encoding the same information in the line table.

--chris