[Dwarf-discuss] New DW_LANG value request for Ada2005

Nettleton, Brian brian.nettleton
Thu Jun 22 17:20:49 GMT 2006

I would agree with Joel, once a debugger adds the more permissive syntax
it seems ok to simply allow it for those who want it.

Plus the down side of adding the new DW_LANG value is that older
debugger versions will no longer work correctly with a new compiler.  It
seems like the tradeoff of disallowing support for the more permissive
new syntax on old Ada95 code is far outweighed by the impact when a user
upgrades the compiler and then an older debugger no longer works like it
used to.

-Brian