[Dwarf-discuss] What values to use for our own attributes

Kees Bakker kees.bakker
Fri Mar 10 00:21:54 GMT 2006

Hi,

For our compiler and debugger we need a couple of "user" values
in dwarf.h

We don't want to get into a situation where we will pick a value
and later discover that someone else just picked that same value
too. (As did happen, I guess, with some MIPS and HP attributes.)
Oh, too late, we already did (DW_ATE_Tasking_fract).

Is it enough to just report it to the list here? Or is there a
more official procedure?

Some values that we have been using lately are:
DW_TAG_Tasking_circ_type	0x5101
DW_TAG_Tasking_mwa_circ_type	0x5102
DW_TAG_Tasking_rev_carry_type	0x5103
DW_TAG_Tasking_rom		0x5111

DW_AT_Tasking_compat_v2		0x2301

DW_ATE_Tasking_fract		0x80 (conflicts with HP)
DW_ATE_Tasking_accum		0x81 (conflicts with HP)

DW_LANG_Tasking_Assembler	0x9101

DW_CC_Tasking_interrupt  	0x65
DW_CC_Tasking_near_system_stack 0x66
DW_CC_Tasking_near_user_stack 	0x67