[Dwarf-discuss] What values to use for our own attributes

Michael Eager eager
Fri Mar 10 08:30:54 GMT 2006

I talked with Ian Murdock, the new CTO for Free Standards Group, just
yesterday.  He showed me a website that they have in development for
the LSB which includes a Wiki and some reasonable content management
support.  We talked about converting the Dwarf website over to this
new style.  It would seem that a Wiki for registering vendor-specific
extensions would be a pretty easy solution to the need for an extension
registry.

We could also add a self-managed producer registry, as well.

Note that it's likely that any vendor extension would be renumbered
when it was adopted into a standard.  The impact of that would be
much less than the annoyance of vendor/vendor conflicts.