[Dwarf-Discuss] How do I detect the end of a sibling chain?

Paul dwarf@pedriana.com
Thu Nov 29 04:33:46 GMT 2007

The DWARF 3 Standard says that "A chain of sibling entries is terminated
by a null entry." But nowhere in the document is a "null entry" defined.
I searched the discussion history and can see that other people have had
problems similar to me, but I can see no definitive answer. I am walking
through DIEs and need to know when the next entry is a child or a
parent. It's easy to tell if the next is a child, but I can see no way
to tell if the next entry is a parent. Please note that I am not an
expert on DWARF and so any terminology you give may be obvious to you
but not to me. I have only the written Standard document to go by and
not years of experience with this stuff.

Thanks.