[Dwarf-Discuss] DWARF for DSP like processors with multiple memories

David Earlam David.Earlam@csr.com
Mon Nov 24 18:09:32 GMT 2008

Anthony,

For 1, 2 and 3:
Yes, DW_AT_segment for the memories and DW_AT_address_class for pointers
is one way to encode it.

See for example,
http://www.ace.nl/compiler/paper-dsp-c-dwarf.pdf

The debugger needs knowledge of the debuggee's mapping
from pragma 'memory-name' to 'segment' number.
A simple solution is an extra Elf section containing this mapping.

For 4:
There's only one DW_AT_frame_base. Would a callable expression for the
other stacks help ? I assume they each have their own stack
pointer/virtual frame pointer.

David

only