[Dwarf-Discuss] Dwarf-Discuss Digest, Vol 27, Issue 2

Dodji Seketeli dodji@redhat.com
Fri Aug 28 22:29:56 GMT 2009

Le 28/08/2009 23:47, Kendrick Wong a ?crit :

> I think both DW_TAG_GNU_template_template_param and DW_AT_GNU_name should
> go into DWARF5.  I'll suggest renaming them to:
> DW_TAG_template_template_parameter and DW_AT_instantiated_name
> respectively.

Just  a little nit. The most up to date version of the document is now on
the gcc wiki at http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/TemplateParmsDwarf .
In that version, DW_AT_GNU_name got changed to DW_AT_GNU_template_name.

And FWIW, I agree that this should go into DWARF5.

> Should the name in DW_AT_instantiated_name be normalized?
> i.e.  A<std :: vector>
> There could be space characters in the within the name "std::vector", is
> it necessary to enforce a 'no-space' rule in the name?

Is there any reason why that attribute would not follow the same rules as
DW_AT_name ?

> As for the template parameter packs, I am in the opinion to leave it to
> the producer to decide if they want to name the parameters within the
> pack.  And consumer can add additional logic to handle the unnamed
> parameters within the pack.

What would be the rationale for a producer to not name the pack elements ?

Thanks.

--
Dodji Seketeli
Red Hat