[Dwarf-Discuss] unwinding stack (CIE/FDE)

David Anderson davea42@earthlink.net
Sun Aug 8 16:43:07 GMT 2010

On 08/08/2010 03:00 AM, Saurabh wrote:
> Sorry guys,
> I think the discussion got diverted and I am still unclear on how to
> find the return address. The example in the Dwarf Appendix is
> confusing and varying compiler implementations have corroded my
> understanding further.

The DWARF CHECK messages (you post) about duplicate fde low-pc are a bug
in dwarfdump.
This is embarrassing.     Those messages do not affect the rest of the
dwarfdump output, but
most (all?) of the duplicate fde messages are wrong.
Released dwarfdump is conflating eh_frame and debug_frame FDEs (just for
the purpose of checking for duplicates).

Sorry about that. I will prepare a new release of dwarfdump, hopefully
today.

This note does not address your question, sorry.

David Anderson