[Dwarf-Discuss] DW_FORM_data1 and DW_AT_const_value

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Jul 27 16:48:38 GMT 2010

Tom> It appears that GCC has worked this way for quite a while, so my
Tom> inclination is to change GDB to match.  However, at the very least it
Tom> would be good to see a clarification in the spec.

Michael> I'm not sure what that clarification would be.

Merely mentioning that the use we are discussing is unspecified would be
an improvement.  It is not clear -- not to me anyway -- from the spec
that this was meant to be unspecified.

Alternatively, choosing an interpretation would also be good.  I don't
see much value in leaving this unspecified, whereas picking a
specification would provide some benefits.

Tom