[Dwarf-Discuss] target address dependency of the FDE header in DWARF CFI

Eli Bendersky eliben@gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 12:09:32 GMT 2011

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 14:02, Jan Kratochvil <jan.kratochvil at redhat.com>wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 12:59:29 +0100, Eli Bendersky wrote:
> > How am I supposed to determine the target size from the .debug_frame
> > section alone, without looking at CUs?
>
> I believe this is already filed as:
>        http://dwarfstd.org/ShowIssue.php?issue=110926.1&type=open
>
> Issues are listed at:
>        http://dwarfstd.org/Issues.php

Jan, it appears that in DWARFv4 a field was added with "address size",
which at least makes sense (except the clarification you pointed to).

But in DWARFv3 there's no such field, so where would I expect to find this
information in a file written with DWARFv3 info?

Eli