[Dwarf-Discuss] Vendor extensions in .debug_macinfo

Jakub Jelinek jakub@redhat.com
Sat Jul 30 08:01:35 GMT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 02:37:33PM -0700, David Anderson wrote:
> ISSUE 1
>
> In the new 6.3.1.5 text:
>
> "Each so defined opcode is valid for subsequent entries
> until the terminating entry with type code 0, including any sequences
> included from those entries using DW_MACRO_transparent_include."

You are not looking here at the final text, which is at
and has been submitted as DWARF comment through the web interface.
DW_MACRO_define_opcode is gone.

> ISSUE 2
>
> 6.3.5 Legacy macro information
>

> "just a series of macinfo entries.  There are 5 legacy macinfo opcode types:"
>
> Remove the noise word "just", it adds nothing.

This section is gone too.

> ISSUE 3
>
> Final  comment: IMO we should be  careful to say
> that any unused bytes in the section are all zero.

At least one of our current readers (readelf) depends on it
and the producers produce it that way.  So I'm fine with standardizing
that.

	Jakub