[Dwarf-Discuss] Any real products that do...

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Fri Oct 21 17:30:48 GMT 2011

>> >     Are there any existing DWARF-based tool chains (compiler and
>> > debugger) that use column information to do, say, highlight the
>> > fragments of a for statement as execution advances?

David> xRay, ASPEX and RealView Debugger would draw a box around column
David> delimited statements in a single line and ARM's RealView Compilation
David> Tools 3 and 4
David> compilers produce column information to let it do so.

I'm curious if you, or anybody, knows the space penalty for including
the column information in the debuginfo.  GCC could emit it pretty
easily, but I know people worry about size.

Tom