[Dwarf-Discuss] constants updates, minor DWARF standard upgrade?

Ron Brender ron.brender@gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 13:37:56 GMT 2012

Your assumption is not justified. Use of any proposed, or even
"adopted", extension by an implementation is strictly *own risk*.
There is a well-defined implementation defined extension mechanism
that provides an alternative..

Note that the status of the DWARF issue you mention is "open" -- that
is, it is not even adopted yet.

The DWARF V5 revision effort is just getting underway. While a few
minor changes have been discussed and approved *in principle*, none
has yet to be codified into even a draft revised specification.

Ron