[Dwarf-Discuss] meaning's dwarf expression for DW_AT_frame_base in loclist

Marion Guthmuller marion.guthmuller@loria.fr
Thu Sep 13 09:37:06 GMT 2012

Hi,

What does this expression mean ? DW_OP_breg7+8

This expression is associated to DW_AT_frame base in a loclist.
DW_OP_breg7 is the contents of r7 but I don't understand the "+8". I
thought that this expression mean to add 8 to the value in register 7
but in this case, the expression should be DW_OP_breg7 8 (without "+")
according to examples of location description in user guide.

--
Marion G.<http://www.loria.fr/%7Eguthmull>