[Dwarf-Discuss] Adding a language ID for Haskell

Johan Tibell johan.tibell@gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 15:34:05 GMT 2014

Hi,

We recently added DWARF generation support to GHC, the main Haskell
compiler. We'd like to emit a Haskell language ID in the DWARF output* and
my understanding is that these IDs are standardized. What do I need to do
to get one added to the standard? Should we add one for Haskell the
language or one for each revision of the language (98 and 2010)?

* It's my understanding that GDB ignores the names we emit and falls back
to using symbol names because we lack a recognized language ID.

Cheers,
Johan