[Dwarf-Discuss] Adding a language ID for Haskell

Michael Eager eager@eagerm.com
Fri Feb 28 17:32:41 GMT 2014

On 02/28/14 07:34, Johan Tibell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We recently added DWARF generation support to GHC, the main Haskell compiler. We'd like to emit a
> Haskell language ID in the DWARF output* and my understanding is that these IDs are standardized.
> What do I need to do to get one added to the standard? Should we add one for Haskell the language or
> one for each revision of the language (98 and 2010)?
>
> * It's my understanding that GDB ignores the names we emit and falls back to using symbol names
> because we lack a recognized language ID.

Please submit your comments about the DWARF standard using our
Public Comment web page:  http://dwarfstd.org/Comment.php.

Are there features in Haskell which cannot be represented in
the existing DWARF standard?  If so, you might consider submitting
a proposal for extensions to add this support.

If there are differences in interpretation between different
versions of Haskell, then you would need different language
codes for each version.

Michael Eager	 eager at eagercon.com