[Dwarf-Discuss] The difference between .eh_frame section and .debug_frame section

21310171 21310171@zju.edu.cn
Mon Nov 10 08:55:18 GMT 2014

Complie a simple case ,  such as hello.c, with the "-g" parameter to compiler. And use readelf -S tools to analyze the sections of the  output elf file, we see .eh_frame and .debug_frame section.
.eh_frame and .debug_frame both are something to do with frame stack. Use readelf -Wwf to analyse these two sections . What i find is that their format and contents are rather similar with each other.
I refer to the dwarf debugging standards, only to see introduction to .debug_frame section, no descriptions about .eh_frame at all. Also, i tried to get information from web, but got little.
Also, i found .eh_frame has allocte attribute, it will be loaded ?
It will be so nice, if someone can tell me something about .eh_frame, better to introduce in comparison with .debug_frame section, Thank you guys!
gcc version :  4.1.2

jiangs