[Dwarf-Discuss] Representing the location of smaller values in vector registers

Robinson, Paul Paul_Robinson@playstation.sony.com
Fri Mar 4 22:00:22 GMT 2016

I tried a CU with an int variable instead of float, and enough other
stuff to keep it from being optimized away completely.
gcc produced DW_OP_reg3, while Clang produced "DW_OP_reg3; DW_OP_piece 4"
for the same variable.

DW_OP_piece is really meant for assembling partial values in different
places, not subdividing a register.
--paulr