[Dwarf-Discuss] Does any compiler implement Split DWARF as described in the current DWARF5 draft standard?

David Anderson davea42@linuxmail.org
Fri Feb 3 22:29:49 GMT 2017

On 02/03/2017 12:21 PM, John DelSignore wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been poking around looking for Split DWARF producers. As far as I
> can tell, no compiler or tool chain currently implements Split DWARF as
> described in the current DWARF5 draft standard. Is that correct?

gcc did it for DWARF4.  I have a couple test objects
that were contributed for libdwarf testing.
It would be...impossible? to have done DWARF5
yet since we made major changes in the last few weeks (CU header
lengths and contents (contents a bit further in the past),
for example).

DavidA.