[Dwarf-Discuss] split dwarf, dwo, package files

David Anderson davea42@linuxmail.org
Thu Jul 25 17:16:33 GMT 2019

On 7/25/19 8:12 AM, David Blaikie wrote:

>     No? examples in F.2 F.3? show the corresponding compllation-unit
>     header
>     unit_type.?? Which leaves open the question of what the
>     compilation-unit
>     header unit_type is in the examples.
>

> Are you uncertain as to which unit_type would be used in which unit in
> the examples (after having read Section 7)? Or is it that you know the
> answer now, and it would've been easier/faster to find if the examples
> had been more explicit?

At the moment, yes.

> (it seems there's limited ambiguity from section 7 - such that the
> examples don't need to clarify much in this regard, but yeah - seems
> OK to me that they could describe the header now that the header's a
> bit more complicated)

Until DWARF 5 there was really no issue in this regard.

Ensuring that examples for which the compilation-unit DIE TAG and/or
unit_type matter
mention both values would help standard-readers.
Help is what examples are for :-)

Thanks.
DavidA