[Dwarf-Discuss] modeling different address spaces

Metzger, Markus T markus.t.metzger@intel.com
Thu Jul 16 09:23:51 GMT 2020

Hello,

What would be the recommended way to model variables that are allocated to different address spaces?

I found DW_OPT_xderef for dereferencing address-space qualified pointers but the resulting memory location description wouldn?t have an address-space qualifier.

I found DW_AT_address_class, which allows attaching an integer, which could represent the address-space.  This sounds pretty close.  I?m a bit thrown off by the example, though.

Thanks,
Markus.

Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Gary Kershaw
Registered Office: Munich