[Dwarf-Discuss] modeling different address spaces

Michael Eager eager@eagercon.com
Thu Jul 16 17:02:45 GMT 2020

On 7/16/20 2:23 AM, Metzger, Markus T via Dwarf-Discuss wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What would be the recommended way to model variables that are allocated
> to different address spaces?

Can you describe the architecture a bit?

> I found DW_OPT_xderef for dereferencing address-space qualified pointers
> but the resulting memory location description wouldn?t have an
> address-space qualifier.

DW_OPT_xderef translates from an architecturally defined memory
reference including an address space into a linear address space
(generic type).  DWARF doesn't support computations on address-space
qualified addresses, although using a typed stack, this could be an
extension.

> I found DW_AT_address_class, which allows attaching an integer, which
> could represent the address-space.? This sounds pretty close.? I?m a bit
> thrown off by the example, though.

Which example?

--
Michael Eager