[Dwarf-Discuss] modeling different address spaces

Metzger, Markus T markus.t.metzger@intel.com
Mon Jul 20 08:43:02 GMT 2020

Hello Michael,

> https://llvm.org/docs/AMDGPUDwarfProposalForHeterogeneousDebugging.html
> >
> > AFAIK, these changes will be made to LLVM and there is interest in adding to
> the DWARF standard eventually.
>
> As mentioned in the past, I would be pleased to see proposals submitted
> for these changes.

I also have a small proposal for describing locations as function of the SIMD lane by
adding a DW_OP_push_simd_lane operator and introducing stack variants for piece
operators.

I have a write-up ready but wanted to wait until we have a public implementation.
Is that the right order?  Or would you rather want to review proposals right away.

We'd also want an unbounded piece operator to describe partially registerized
unbounded arrays, but I have not worked that out in detail, yet, and we're a bit
farther away from an implementation.

Regards,
Markus.

Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Gary Kershaw
Registered Office: Munich