[Dwarf-Discuss] HTML documentation for DWARF

Konrad Kleine kkleine@redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 22:53:20 GMT 2021

Hi there.

On a side note, the comment function doesn't work:
http://www.dwarfstd.org/Comment.php .

The verification doesn't work there: "Verification failed. Please go back
and try again."

I'm working on LLVM and LLDB and sometimes when I see a fix like the
following I wonder why there's no link to the documentation about what
"DW_FORM_line_strp" is doing: https://reviews.llvm.org/D97721. I would like
to have a simple Hypertext link to the DWARF documentation. I could link to
a specific PDF page, but that's not the same as linking to a section or a
chapter.

I'm asking if there's a way to generate not only a PDF but also a publicly
accessible HTML from the source of the DWARF documentation. I learned that
for DWARF4 the source was a MS Word document, so I guess that ship has
sailed. But for the documentation in git (
http://git.dwarfstd.org/?p=dwarf-doc.git;a=summary) I think it could be
possible to have a documentation in HTML with URLs with /latest/ or
/current/ or /5.0/ in it to resemble the HEAD of the development or some
latest released or tagged version. What are the thoughts on having HTML
documentation pages?

Have you given some thought about using pandoc or publican as a more
high-level organization for the latex sources? Those would allow different
outputs.

Regards
Konrad