[Dwarf-discuss] Link to current working DWARF6 standard

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Mon Jun 19 21:11:36 GMT 2023

Hi Ben,

On Mon, Jun 19, 2023 at 01:32:05PM -0700, Ben Woodard via Dwarf-discuss wrote:
> Can we please add a link to the current evolving DWARF6 standard
> working draft somewhere on https://dwarfstd.org/index.html
>
> I was wanting to show someone that we have the current working copy
> that we produce and I was sure that you could navigate to it from
> the main page but I was unable to find it that way. If it is there
> (and I couldn’t find it) could we make it obvious?

I don't know what the best place is to put a link, but the current
draft can be found in git: https://git.dwarfstd.org/dwarf-spec

There is a Makefile inside the latexdoc directory that will build you
a PDF version.

You can also find an automaticly generated snapshot at:
https://snapshots.sourceware.org/dwarfstd/dwarf-spec/latest/

Please note that these are of course WORKING DRAFTS (it says so on
every page). There is a Change Summary that tells which Issues have
been incorporated. But new issues can still change things.

Also the changebars are currently missing. If someone with some latex
knowledge knows how to get them to show up in the PDF version that
would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark