[Dwarf-discuss] Do Dwarf symbols only use ascii?

Florian Weimer fw@deneb.enyo.de
Thu Nov 2 16:54:18 GMT 2023

* Roger Phillips via Dwarf-discuss:

> My question is whether these symbols really need the locale
> functionality of libc's isdigit function or if the symbols in Dwarf
> are just standard ascii and could be parsed in a portable way with
> the simple method mentioned there.

I think the current understanding on the glibc side is that isdigit
could be implement as

  #define isdigit(b) ((b) >= '0' && (b) <= '9')

because isdigit recognizing alternate digits would not be compliant
with the C standard.  We just haven't got around to making the change
in the headers.