[Dwarf-discuss] Proposal: Error: Duplicate DW_AT_LNAME 1d

Cary Coutant ccoutant@gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 16:25:35 GMT 2024

> It appears that DW_LNAME_HIP, proposed in 230120.4,  never got
> incorporated into the DWARF working document (so there is no duplication).
> Perhaps because the Issue status is "Code Assigned" rather than Approved.
> That status really only applies to the V5 code assignment actually.
>
> Anyway, I'll fix it for V6.
>
> The next available code is 0x0027. What makes you think the code should be
> 0x0029?
>

> I was looking at https://dwarfstd.org/languages-v6.html where the last
> assigned langiage is DW_LNAME_Hylo 0x0028.

DW_LANG_HIP/DW_LNAME_HIP was assigned first, but for some reason, the list
was out of order, so when I assigned DW_LNAME_Assembly, it looked like
0x001c was the last code assigned. I think it would be safer to reassign
DW_LNAME_Assembly as 0x0029.

-cary