[Dwarf-discuss] Proposal: Error: Duplicate DW_AT_LNAME 1d

Ron Brender ron.brender@gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 17:04:57 GMT 2024

Cary,

>DW_LANG_HIP/DW_LNAME_HIP was assigned first, but for some reason, the list
was out of order, so when I assigned >DW_LNAME_Assembly, it looked like
0x001c was the last code assigned. I think it would be safer to reassign
>DW_LNAME_Assembly as 0x0029.

I think it would be safer to just leave well-enough alone. I just updated
the document to match the website (and make DW_LNAME_HIP = 0x0029). So any
change causes work for me. Similarly it creates work for anyone who is
actually trying to use code DW_LNAME_Assembly. Why bother?

Ron