[Dwarf-discuss] dwarf - debug line number information program state machine registers

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Mon May 14 11:09:16 GMT 2007

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 09:43:27AM +0530, Ramanaiah Nalamothu wrote:
> So, basically an end_sequence tells the end of sequential instructions. am I
> wrong??
> In that case,  the basic_block, tells start of new sequence, and 'memory',
> tells the address, pair is enough to represent what end_sequence tells.
> Again i am repeating, why we need or in what exact scenario we need to use
> this end_sequence???

basic_block tells the start of a basic block.  This is a standard term
from compilers; if you don't know exactly what it means, you should
look it up in a compilers text.  It is a series of instructions where
control always starts from the first one and continues to the last
one.

end_sequence marks the end of a region of code.  The region may be
many basic blocks.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery