[Dwarf-Discuss] Read an .axf file on windows with LibDwarf

Tom Seddon dwarf-discuss@tomseddon.plus.com
Tue May 17 12:38:22 GMT 2016

You could try MSYS2 or cygwin for building autotools stuff on Windows. I
don't know how easy it would be to interact with libdwarf from .NET
directly - possibly not very. But at a pinch maybe you could use
dwarfdump, capture its output using the Process class, and extract the
data of interest from C#.

I've previously had success doing this sort of thing using MSYS2's
predecessor, MSYS. (I used it to build a set of GNU binutils that
supported PowerPC as well as x86.) But I believe MSYS2 and cygwin work
slightly differently from MSYS, and it's possible that could make a
difference.

Regards,

--Tom Seddon