[Dwarf-Discuss] DW_AT values unknown to me.

Michael Eager eager@eagercon.com
Thu Feb 18 19:12:49 GMT 2021

Green Hills has never contacted us about DWARF implementation or
submitted any proposals to the DWARF Committee.

Many years ago, I was on an ABI committee with Greg Davis, who I believe
is Director of Engineering at GHS.  You might contact him for
information about these attributes.  The last email I have for him is
gdavis at ghs.com.

On 2/17/21 3:28 PM, John DelSignore via Dwarf-Discuss wrote:
> You probably already know this, but I'm pretty sure that "GHS" is Green Hills Software: https://www.ghs.com/products/compiler.html
>
> TotalView supported their compiler on the BBN Butterfly in the early '90s, but that predated DWARF support. Maybe someone at Green Hills can tell you what they mean.
>
> Cheers, John D.
>
> On 2/17/21 6:07 PM, David Anderson via Dwarf-Discuss wrote:
>> I try to make the dwarf.h  file complete in its set of DW_AT values,
>> including non-standard entries I know nothing about.
>>
>> I recently came across a few whose proper spelling is
>> completely unknown to me. So I made up names.
>> Browser searches revealed nothing so far.
>>
>> /*  From DWARF2 DW_AT_producer GHS C 2012.5.4 [dual] */
>> #define DW_AT_GHS_unknown1 0x2083
>> #define DW_AT_GHS_unknown2 0x2087
>> #define DW_AT_GHS_unknown3 0x2085
>> #define DW_AT_GHS_unknown4 0x2086
>> #define DW_AT_GHS_unknown5 0x2092
>>
>> If anyone can come up with the proper spellings and let me know
>> what those are I would appreciate it.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> David Anderson (libdwarf)
>>

>> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click on links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
>
> This e-mail may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.

Michael Eager