[Dwarf-discuss] Wiki list of vendor extensions.

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Sat Mar 25 10:24:41 GMT 2023

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 05:21:20PM -0700, David Anderson via Dwarf-discuss wrote:
> On 3/24/23 13:56, Ben Woodard via Dwarf-discuss wrote:
> >Tangential to Scott's request, one of the requests from the tool
> >developer community that I work with is to add a new wiki article
> >which lists all the vendor extensions for the various compilers.
> >Obviously this would include but not be limited to the Vendor
> >specific DWARF expression operations.
>
> The LLVM folks and myself have tried to make vendor extensions known.
> At least the names.
>
> https://www.prevanders.net/dwarf.h
>
> is my attempt (flawed, no doubt).
> It's not quite clear what you might mean to have in a wiki
> article about each name.

elfutils has a list of vendor extensions recognized (but not always
handled): https://sourceware.org/elfutils/DwarfExtensions

Maybe we can combine that information into a new wiki.dwarfstd.org
article?

Cheers,

Mark